When looking for legal advice for actions scheduled for the Hemet court it’s best to find an attorney well versed in the Hemet court system. Choosing the right lawyer to guide you through a divorce for example, is one of the most important divorce-related decisions you will make, so be prepared to interview a number of Hemet attorneys and to ask them questions about why you should use their legal services and take their legal advice.
Family law is a subspecialty that involves complex legal principles, which take time and experience to master. Within the area of family law, there are even further subspecialties, such as custody law, international custody law, guardianship, and an area of the law involving Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs), which are special orders required to divide certain types of retirement benefits.
Below are a few questions to ask during an initial interview with a family law attorney.
- How long have you been practicing family law? How many family law cases have you handled? Are you certified as a family law specialist?
- How will you develop a strategy for my case?
- How long do you take to return phone calls? How do I get a hold of you if there is an emergency? What do you consider to be an emergency?
- Who else in your office will be working on my case? What experience do they have? Can I meet them?
- How will you charge me? What is your hourly rate? Do you charge for the time I spend with other lawyers, with paralegals, and/or with secretaries? If so, at what rate? What is your retainer up front?
- What costs (other than your own) do you expect will be involved (for example, for private investigators, forensic accountants, physicians, and/or psychologists), and how will you charge me for them?
- What’s your estimate of the total cost of this action? (If this is a divorce process the answer to this question will help you to gage the attorney.)
- How can I keep the cost of this action down? Are there things that I can do to cut costs?
- Based on what you know about my case, how would you predict a judge would rule on it?
Interview several Hemet attorneys before making your choice, this is an important decision that requires time, energy, and asking the right questions.